- This facility’s fees cover the use of the facility only. The facility fees do not include laboratory, pathology, surgeon, anesthesiologist, certified nurse anesthetist fees. You will be billed separately for these fees.
- If you require special financial arrangements, please phone our office prior to your surgery to discuss alternative methods of payment.
- Great Bend Regional Hospital contracts with The Midland Group to assist eligible patients with no health insurance to secure medical cover age. There is no charge to the patient. This is a free service provided by the hospital.
- Maria Zamora, Public Benefit Screener, is available for appointments at Great Bend Regional Hospital on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 – 5:00 P.M. Her hospital office is located on the East side of the hospital, across from the nursery. Maris’s Midland Group office is located at 1037 Sheridan, Great Bend, KS 67530. She can be reached by phone at (620) 796-2210 or by fax at (620) 796-2211.
Collections & Payment Policy
- Each time a patient is admitted to Great Bend Regional, inpatient or outpatient, a new account is started. This means you can have multiple accounts with us at any given time.
- Once services have been rendered to the patient, that hospital files a claim with the insurance company. After insurance has paid their portion, the patient will receive a statement for the remaining balance. You are responsible for any remaining balance your insurance company does not cover.
- We do not turn anyone away for not having insurance. However; services received will be the patient’s responsibility. Payment arrangements should be made prior to the date of service.
- We will bill your primary and secondary insurance carriers, or governmental agency directly for the facility’s charges.
- Be sure to bring your most current insurance, Medicare, or public assistance card with you on the day of your surgery. If you have more than one insurance carrier, we will also need accurate secondary billing information.
- Please be aware of any admission policies your insurance plan may have. You or your physician may have to adhere to certain requirements in order to insure maximum reimbursement. Failure to obtain pre-authorization, physician referral, or a second opinion may greatly reduce or eliminate your benefits.
- Medicare beneficiaries are welcome to receive services at this facility. This facility is certified by Medicare and complies with specified physical plant, staffing, safety and governance standards.
- For more information on Medicare and your benefits, please visit www.medicare.gov.
- Great Bend Regional Hospital offers financial assistance to those who qualify.
- Great Bend Regional Hospital will not charge uninsured patients more than the amount generally billed (AGB) to insured patients.
- All patients requesting financial assistance must be denied qualifications for public assistance prior to qualifying for financial assistance from Great Bend Regional Hospital.
- Patients whose income does not exceed 200% of the most current Poverty Income Guidelines will qualify for financial assistance.
- Financial Assistance is considered payor of last resort. Upon qualification, a percentage of the patient account balance will be written off as charity and any remaining balance can be set up on a payment plan.
- Financial Assistance is considered for a specified visit/account.
- Patients will be notified in writing if they do or do not qualify for Financial Assistance.
- The facility reserves the right to reverse the charity adjustment if the information provided by the patient in the application is later determined to be falsified. Failure to follow the payment plan will result in the balance of the account being turned in to collections.
Any person coming to Great Bend Regional Hospital requesting assistance for a potential emergency medical condition/emergency services will receive a medical screening performed by a qualified provider to determine whether an emergency medical condition exists. Persons with emergency conditions will be treated and their condition stabilized without regard to ability to pay for services.
- Please be aware you will receive the following two bills if you visit our Emergency Room
- Emergency Room Visit
- Emergency Room Physician Care
- Both bills will be submitted to insurance for payment. Once insurance has paid its portion, you will be responsible for the balance.